Thursday, June 05, 2008

Green Our Vaccines


Wow. What a crazy two days. Michael and I drove down to Washington DC on Tuesday and stayed with our friends Casey, Cara and Holly. Michael entertained the girls by guessing their ages and playing school.

We woke up the next morning praying for good weather. Both of us have a strong dislike for standing next to a tree with an umbrella in a thunderstorm. But when we arrived at the Washington Monument around 9:30am, the taxi pulled up and I found myself getting emotional. There were so many people I couldn't see the end of the line. There were thousands! The last rally had 400. This one had 10 times that amount. The first rally I ever attended had about 40.

This was the first rally for Michael. In the past I left him home so I could take pictures and video. It was hard to have to keep my eye on him, but he did VERY well. When we got our picture taken with Jenny McCarthy and Jim Carrey Michael had the biggest smile on his face. It was so cute.

After the rally we met with our congressman Tim Bishop. Michael almost fell asleep on the couch, but I spoke to the congressman about the rally and autism. He was great. The first thing he said was "sorry to hear about your mother". Near the end of our meeting there was a tornado watch and we weren't allowed to leave the building. Bishop's office gave us passes for the Capitol so we went to the see the House of Representatives. My first time. I was trying to explain to Michael what we were looking it- but how do you explain politics to an 8 year old? LOL



We finally got home around 1:30am. It was a LONG day. Michael said he had fun. I think he did. Plus, it was good practice for our roadtrip. I can't believe it's less than 3 weeks away.

No comments: